1.3.10

How I Knew I Wanted to Marry Mr. Gloss....


Today is our 10th anniversary (pre-wedding of course). A decade is a very long time, in fact I've been with Mr. Gloss almost half my life -


So naturally, many things have changed since those first few months/years. We've grown-up and instead of growing apart like many couples that date from a very young age, we've grown together. Like all relationships its not rainbows and sunshine 100% of the time - but those are the times that I value the most. I'll admit sometimes I get so mad at him I don't even want to be in the same room together - and while I'm sitting alone, fuming, I realize that even though I can't stand to look at him right this second, there isn't anywhere else I'd rather be. Which leads me to the point of this post: I knew I wanted to marry Mr. Gloss when I realized I wasn't IN-love with him anymore.  Now, before you gasp and gossip about me to all your friends hear me out.

To me, being 'in-love' comes early in the relationship, there are no worries or concerns, you can't stand to be apart and spend your days floating on a cloud of bliss. While that is all well and good it most likely will not last forever. When I realized I wasn't 'in-love' with Mr. Gloss anymore I also realized that I loved him so much more than I ever thought possible. Its just a different kind of love- I realized that I wanted to wake up beside him every day and take care of him when he's sick, or strategize together if we are broke. And as angry as I get when he never lets me have control over the remote, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. My love for him grows everyday, honestly- I'm not just saying that, and everyday (save for a few ;) ) I love him a little bit more than I did before.

So, having said that- I know the next ten years will not be all candy and bubbles and stickers; there will be hard days and I will appreciate them (notice I did not say 'like them') because they give perspective to the good days and make me realize how lucky I am 99% of the time.

So, cheers Mr. Gloss, and here's to the next decade!
 
When did you realize that you wanted to marry your fiance/husband?

No comments: