16.8.10

366 Days Ago....


Yesterday was our one year anniversary. We are officially no longer Newlyweds –
It’s hard to believe it has been a whole year since I married my first love and best friend.
And we threw one great party surrounded by our families and closest friends.

We are up in Maine, once again, to celebrate, surrounded by our families and friends (thankfully this time it’s not costing us as much :) ), eating year old cake with a splash of champagne and reaffirming our commitment by restating the vows we took only one short year ago. In fact, we are taking our whole honeymoon week off – I guess that would be our honeyversary?

Anyways, even though it feels like the wedding happened only weeks ago, so much has happened since then.
I didn’t know what to do with all my free time post wedding planning so I started my own business. It’s time consuming and challenging but I love it.
We also recently closed on a house. It’s 90 years young, so also very time consuming and challenging :).

If you are interested our new adventures, just need a little more Gloss in your life and/or the many DIY homeownership projects I’m convinced I need to tackle, you can find me here at Classically Modern Nest.

Lastly, I wanted to say thank-you. Everyone here has been a source of encouragement, inspiration, strength, community and laughter throughout this process. Your comments and messages meant more to me than you will ever know. Thank you for letting me be a part of it and share my story with you –
I wish you all the best of luck with your planning and futures.

I’m not one for goodbyes, they are so sappy and final.
So lets just leave it at 'adios', which translates to both 'farewell', and also 'goodluck'.  I’m sure I’ll pop back in from time to time :)

xoxo,
Chelsey