22.1.09

the glossy ladies weekend!!

We finally had a Glossy bridesmaid weekend get-together and I was SO excited to have all my favorite ladies in the same place at the same time. Some ladies are from Highschool and some are from College and they have never met before so it was a 'getting to know you and hope you all like each other' experience.

We obviously went to see Bridewars!! (Which was even more appropriate since my MOH just got engaged!) Followed by dinner at Fire & Ice, and then back to my apt. for drinks, wedding themed movies (Liscense to Wed, Made of Honor, 27 Dresses) and games!! I really love playing games - Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase (Electronic - so much more exciting with that beeping for some reason), Balderdash....and of course Wii!!
I had so much fun with all the girls and was really happy they could all get to know each other a little before the wedding.

Over lunch we talked about dresses. We have decided to go JCrew, and by 'we' I really mean 'I' because I am obsessed, but they are all totally on board. I figure they are no more expensive than dresses bought at David's Bridal or elsewhere after you figure in the cost of alterations and we will try and wait till JCrew runs on of their 20% sales.

Here are their choices:

What would you choose?
Also we have to talk about shoes - I'm thinking bright yellow ..... since the dresses will most likely all be different (unless they all pick the same one) should I go with matching shoes? or different shoes too? Really I know no one will notice except me....but still -

4 comments:

Cyd said...

I love all of the JCrew dresses so I'm a huge fan...they didn't quite have the range of sizes we needed or we likely would have gone the same JCrew navy route, too, but I'm more than happy with the champagne. Love the bright yellow shoe idea. I'm likely doing all the same shoes for my girls, but only because I'm buying them as part of their gift and it seems easier to find one pair than to find 6 different pairs. I think mismatched shoes and dresses but in the same colors would be absolutely perfect and oh so chic!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

I love the Lyndsey, sophia and Sydney

RelentlessBride

Karen said...

Those dresses are all so beautiful and I love the idea of the yellow shoes.

Mo said...

I like the Lydia. Mostly because it looks like you can twirl in it, and I'm all about the twirling.