17.2.10

Nearly Nautical Nuptials: The Shortest Walk of My Life

Remember me? I started my recaps and then dropped off the face of the planet?  Sorry about that, I have a good reason, I promise :)

When we left off we had just gotten on the boat.
..................................................................................................................................................................
After our captains declared we had reached ‘the spot’ they cut the engines and we got ready to process down the aisle. We lined up just like we had practiced the night before, and Mr. Gloss gave the we’re ready sign. I really don’t know who he was signaling to – but clearly somebody got the message because our music started playing and it was time to get married!!! 

Our wedding party walked out to River Flows in You by Yiruma

The guys went first…


And then our parents.  My mom couldn't resist picking at the flowers when she was sitting down - not surprising :)



Followed by my lovely ladies…

Glossy Gal A


Glossy Gal E

Glossy Gal M

Glossy Gal K

and my Maid of Honor M

My groom was waiting for us.


And the music changed to ‘I Love N.Y.E.’ by Badly Drawn Boy and that was the signal for my Dad and I.

Our aisle was short, very short, and also very narrow (hence the 'shortest walk of my life' title). These are not things I had thought out properly and you can see my face in the above picture was 'oh, no - i'm not going to fit'. My dress really wasn’t ‘big’ as big dresses go, but I was hard pressed to fit down the aisle with my dad beside me without tearing my dress on the ugly metal chair legs. So I kind of ran ahead – excited much?


I also forgot to pause at the actual ‘start’ of the aisle for people to rise – so our guests in the process of standing as I breezed by on my 4-second aisle walk. Not a big deal, but I wish I had thought about it before I booked it down the aisle. I think I totally win the award for most awkward aisle ever. 
Someone really should have reminded me that it was not a race.


*photos by Erica Lyn Photography and & Unlimited

Previously:

Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Gals Get Ready
Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Putting on my Party DressNearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Guys Get Ready
Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The Glossy Gift Exchange 
Nearly Nautical Nuptials : The First Look
Nearly Nautical Nuptials :  Wedding Party Photos
Nearly Nautical Nuptials : A Few Moments Alone
Nearly Nautical Nuptials : Anchors Away!

No comments: