19.10.09

dear wedding industry...

Dear Wedding Industry,

I have already gotten married, please stop sending me multiple daily emails. I do not need to know the ‘#1 Hot Floral Tip for Brides’, or that it has been ‘Two Months Since Your Wedding’. I have unsubscribed from your mailing lists, that I never subscribed to in the first place, countless times and still you ignore my requests. I have marked you as ‘SPAM’ and still you come back for more. I get really excited when my phone vibrates alerting me that I have a new email and am perpetually disappointed when I learn that it is only you.
Please leave me alone. That is all.

Heres my ‘Hot Tip': If I were to get married again I would make a ‘getting married email account’ and use it for all wedding sites. That way I could completely ignore you after the big day except for on the occasions where I am bored at work and actually want to wade through the countless mass emails.

xoxo

(and that goes for you too VistaPrint).

5 comments:

chelsea said...

i couldn't agree more!

Princess Christy said...

Amen! I am SO thankful for the wedding account - and amazed at how quickly it fills up!

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Grrr it takes forever to get rid of all of that stuff! I continued to get wedding magazines (that I never ordered in the first place) for a full year after our wedding!

Just Add Walter said...

completely agree... It has been over a year and am still receiving those dang emails... arg!!

Love your blog.. just found it and wanted to say hi!

I have a giveaway going on my blog... you should stop by and enter!

http://justaddwalter.blogspot.com/2009/10/want-some-free-stuff.html

Krista said...

Haha! Good call on that!