4.10.09

Nearly Nautical Nuptials: Glossy Guys Get Ready


Meanwhile, the guys were getting ready down the road. I know they were contemplating the meaning of marriage and the seriousness of the day...

...I mean getting their mother to iron their clothes...


...and updating their fantasy sports leagues on their iphones...


...and trying to figure out exactly how to tie their ties...


...and button those tiny buttons on their shirt cuffs.

Mr. Gloss' brother (and best man) helped him tie his tie.

He put on his jacket...

and they were ready to go!

Putting on the boutonnieres was apparently too much to ask and when they arrived for our first look and formal photos my girls had to put them on for them. It was a safety pin and a piece of rope people....

There was a fair amount of hydration going on.... I think Mr. Gloss was the only one who opted for a non-alcoholic version. But, in all fairness it was HOT and he does love purple Gatorade.
I think he picked up that gatorade at the same gas station he bought those $3.99 sunglasses in, the sunglasses that just happened to show up in 80% of our wedding pictures.....I'm pretty sure they say NASCAR on the side.

At this point I was mostly relieved that
a) everyone was mostly on time
b) the guys were dressed and they had located both the pants AND tie for Mr. Gloss (which I had handed to him less than 12 hours previously)
and c) no one was in the ER. This may not be a foremost concern for most people but after I learned that their 'relaxing guy morning' included driving out into the middle of the lake and jumping of a 40' cliff via a rope swing I had my doubts.

But they were all in one piece and ready to go...


*photos by Erica Lyn Photography , except for the rope swing pic ;)



Previously:

Nearly Nautical Nuptiuals : The Glossy Gals Get Ready

Nearly Nautical Nuptiuals : Putting on my Party Dress

1 comment:

starfish said...

I love that your guys didn't wear traditional boutineires! My fi does not want to wear flowers. I'll have to show him what your guys did. It looks great.