20.5.09

To DOC, or NOT to DOC...

I’m stuck. I have no idea whether I should hire someone to help on our big day (or if I can even find one available and within our budget three months out), they must have some sort of Procrastinators Appreciation Discount right? :)


So, Side A : We hire a DOC, Side B: We don't. I made a list of pros/cons and am still undecided.


Side A: We are getting married at a ‘non-traditional’ venue so there is no one in house that would be in charge of me or my event. Which makes me think I need someone to be there to ensure things run smoothly.


Side B: Our event is going to have a pretty relaxed feeling, we have invited family and close friends – if anything went wrong I know I could ask any one of them to help out and be able to hopefully laugh about it later. Our guests won’t care that are flowers are/aren’t the perfect color or if our DJ plays a song we asked him not to. Which makes me think we don’t really need to spend more $$ to have someone there.


Side A: I have never planned an event before, I have a good idea of what needs to happen, but I’m sure there are a ton of things I am forgetting or have no idea that I am supposed to do.


Side B: There will be a ceremony, we will end up married and there will be alcohol at the fabulous party after….how bad could it really be?


Side A: I want to be able to enjoy the day and not have my family (mom) worry about what needs to get done next.


Side B: If nothing goes wrong, I will probably feel like I wasted $$.


I have been going back on forth on this decision for six months now and still have no conclusion. So I turn to you:


Are you having a DOC? Why/why not?


Image: 1

4 comments:

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Let me just say that hiring our DOC was the BEST money we spent on our wedding. Seriously. Hire one, and PRAY that you end up having it be wasted money! (ie. that your cocktail hour setup doesn't get blown into the Atlantic surf!)

E @ Oh! Apostrophe said...

Haha yup it's me :)

Thanks!! I can't wait to get inside our house and take more pictures... there will be TONS of bad "before" shots to share :)

Alexandra said...

I think hiring a DOC will take a lot of stress & worry off your plate, try Weddzilla.com to locate last minute coordinators and other vendors. Good luck!

Juliet said...

Since I am in this line of work, I'm a little biased. However, take a look at this excellent blog post written by someone other than me:
http://mixmingleglow.com/blog/?p=1108#comment-17493